Friday, August 29, 2008

VEEP T-I-M-E




Wow! What a surprise to see that John McCain chose Sarah Palin, Governor of Alaska, as his veep running mate. As a political junkie, and a Conservative one at that, this is important news to me.


When I heard Governor Palin speak, I was uplifted, energized, encouraged. Her words and remarks were well-said.


However, there is one gnawing thought in the back of my head. "Governor, I pray that this whole experience will not adversely effect your family."


Now, I'm not against women working or, for that matter, women in political life. As a matter of a fact, it is a blessing to know that the United States offers equal opportunity for all of its citizens. Women are not forced into the background, forbidden from expressing themselves.


I do not know much about political life. But I do know about what it means to be a mother.


I know that it requires T-I-M-E. This is not to say that a working mom is unable to provide that for her children. I have seen a few fabulous working moms who put forth such an effort to make sure their children did not suffer the absence of their mother for many hours of the day. It amazed me to witness their dedication.


It dumbfounds me to imagine how a woman who is the next potential veep will make time for her children. VEEP! We all are aware of the unthinkable amount of commitment required from that job. But like I said, I don't know much about political life, and perhaps it can be done somehow.


I will still likely cast my vote for Senator McCain and Governor Palin, but I will be praying for her and her children and her husband. Praying that God will provide that time needed to wash little feet, wipe little noses, muss up little ones hair, sit and read a book, etc.


I admire this courageous and motivated woman. I like her views. Her spirit shines through vividly. Her love of this country reflects my own.


It shall be an interesting election this year!


Blessings,


Camy

**I'd love to hear your comments! Click HERE