Thursday, September 4, 2008

I must say that the acceptance speech given at the Republican convention by Governor Sarah Palin was impressive. She delivered it with grace, confidence, and authority.

Though many women have held political office on both sides of the aisle through my lifetime, I have not seen even one of them who looks as comfortable in her skin as Sarah Palin, with one exception, Margaret Thatcher.

It is refreshing for me to see a Conservative woman hold her own and do it with style.

Overall, I was very pleased with the convention speakers last night. I especially appreciated Rudi Giuliani's words. Ever since 9/11, I have had a high regard for him.

The best part of the night was when I viewed Governor Palin's younger daughter holding her infant brother. She just stared at him affectionately as she cradled him. I loved it when she licked her hand and smoothed down the infant's hair! This is so reminiscent of my own children and what they would do! I thought that added such reality to the situation. Yah, this is a speech given by a powerful woman at an important moment in history....but when an infant's hair is standing on end, you can't help but lick your hand and smooth it down! Spit is the only thing that seems to work on that type of hair (grin).

So, I am encouraged. As a card-carrying, Conservative Republican woman, I am pleased.

Blessings,

Camy

**Thanks for your great comments! Tell me more by clicking HERE.