Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bad Mom

It's been a rough few days...I have been very sick and in bed most of the day (fun). This is not pretty when you have an 11 year old boy in charge of 4 younger siblings (of whom 3 are boys).

Yesterday, 11 year old and 9 year old played videogames all day...seriously. I did not have the gumption to redirect or instruct them to do something else. While the two of them indulged their videogame fancies, the other little ones ruled the roost (yikes). 3 year old boy drew on the walls with dry-erase marker as well as in some of our good books (frown). We won't even discuss how the kitchen looked....(shudder).

So, I am thankful that today is a better day, and I was able to get up and eat breakfast (very carefully so as not to upset my fragile constitution at this juncture).

I aim to get supper started this morning so I don't have to worry about it this evening. It seems that I feel worse later in the day, and the kitchen is the last place on this earth (w/ the exception of our heavily-used boy bathroom) that I want to be.

Our supper today:

Hamburger Gravy w/ Mashed Potatoes

I use ground turkey for this recipe, 3 pounds.
Saute ground turkey w/ chopped onions. Stir in about 3-4 tablespoons flour until browned. Add either chicken or beef broth and stir well over medium-high heat. Add other spices (or salt and pepper) according to taste. I like to add a splash of Bragg's Liquid Aminos for a rich flavor.

This makes a delightful gravy to put over top mashed potatoes. Comfort food at its best! (Let's hope it comforts me at the end of the day when I am feeling yucky).

I am sorry if I sound like my posts are full of complaining. If I am physically compromised, my attitude becomes negative. However, last night as I was doing the dishes (at 10:00 pm..frown), I listened to the radio program called "Nightsounds" by Bill Pierce. He has one of those deep, hypnotic voices. The program features older, Christian music with an encouraging theme.

Mr. Pierce mentioned how God will never leave us nor forsake us, even (and especially) during the tough times. I have found this to be true! It really blessed me.

Hope you have a great day!

Blessings,
Camy

Thanks for your comments...click here