Monday, April 28, 2008

The Humble Homefront

The top of my blog layout features our home management report. This is just an overview of how we maintain our home during the week.

It seems to me that many homemakers and home managers do not consider themselves to be a supervisor of a system that requires an amount of organization to run smoothly.

I have realized that it is very important to have a haven for the family, no matter how busy we all are. It is nice to come home if it is fairly clean and in order. This can only add to family harmony and a peaceful life in general! Believe me, this is a big challenge for me....

Some of us are blessed with the ability to manage our homes without a second thought. My mom says her brain is like a computer when she walks into any room. She immediately scans the area in an orderly fashion to access disorderliness. I envy that! It is not uncommon for me to enter a room and miss the mess altogether.

I suppose it could have something to do with how our brains are wired, yet I do not want to use this as an excuse to allow disharmony and mess. In comes Flylady....

Flylady has helped me, a SHE (sidetracked home executive :o), to get things under control. I do not follow her system to a "t", but many of her ideas have really made house managment a lot simpler!

I'm certainly a work in progress :o).

How about you? Do you have a system for maintaining your household? Any ideas that you can share w/ us "homemaking challenged?"

In the meantime, ours shall remain a "Humble Homefront."

Blessings.

No comments: