Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Little Fruit For That Yogurt?

A spring cold has been slowing me down this week. It has caused me to be very tired! However, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter each day. Soon, the reminder of better health will present itself.

Here is a recipe for a delicious fruit mixture to put into the creamy yogurt posted yesterday:

2 cups of fruit (I like blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, peaches...or combo of them!)
2 tsp. corn starch
1/4 cup of honey

Combine the above and bring to a boil in saucepan. Stir until thick. Pour in a canning jar and use as needed for jam, ice cream & pancake topping, or yogurt flavoring. Refrigerate what you don't use.

note: You can use frozen fruit in the recipe, too! Also, you could skip the honey and use an alternative sweetener like sugar, agave nectar, or stevia (you would only use about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of stevia.....test the flavor to make sure you don't add too much stevia). Xylitol would be another option, yet I do not have the experience with it yet. I'm hoping to get some from my co-op soon.

Enjoy!

Blessings,

Camy

No comments: